This post is piggybacking off my previous post from about trying to row a luxury liner (which is huge) with one oar. That is an impossible task. The oar can’t even reach the water.
That is how I feel about my teaching position. I have so many things working against me:
- I don’t have much experience.
- I have 4 grade levels in one class.
- I have so much on my plate.
- I have 6 more months of school.
- All but three of my students are FBB and BB.
However, this is what I have working for me:
- I have a never say die attitude.
- I give my all.
- I have made great progress so far, with much more to be made.
- I have a great support system.
- I will be finished school in 6 months and will be able to concentrate my whole attention on teaching.
- Two of my students moved from FBB to BB and B.
So, even though the cards are seemingly stacked against me, and I don’t have much teaching experience, I am so willing to try and give my all. Maybe I don’t need to row that luxury liner with only one oar. Maybe, just maybe, I can go an alternate (better) route and get to where the engine is and rev it up. Maybe I can continue to go that alternate route that’s working so well for me. Maybe, just maybe, if it’s not broken, then I don’t need to fix or change anything. Will that alternate route work for you? Think about it.
Until next time people!