What I am about to say (write) will sound incredibly conceited, but it’s not. As usual, just bear with me and I will bring it around. Let me begin by saying (writing) that I just read my horoscope and was surprised at its accuracy. It detailed how I am a late bloomer. And this is true. All during my 20s I was a housewife. Firstly, because I was raising children. Secondly, because I didn’t want to do something that I did not enjoy or end up in a dead end job with no career. So, I waited until I discovered what I wanted to do. That didn’t happen until I was 27 years old when I worked as a tutor for World Literacy Crusade. It took me another 4 years before I could get started. So at the ripe old age of 31, I started working with Special Education children. So, although I am about to be 41 years old, I’ve only been in my chosen profession for 10 years. I said all that to say that my horoscope was right. I am indeed a late bloomer. But late bloomer or not, I am incredibly talented! I say this because within the past five years I have discovered so much about myself.
I discovered that:
- I am excellent at presentations. I surprised myself with that because I was really shy when I was younger.
- I’m an excellent public speaker. I am not afraid to get up and speak in front of any crowd. Not only that, but once I do speak, I blow their socks off.
- I have a real passion for writing,
- I am really creative side,
- I am very good at organization,
- I have the ability to motivate students,
- I have the ability to enrapture a crowd.
I am looking forward to discovering more of ME because all the things I’ve discovered about myself so far makes me so proud to be ME. I feel like a little kid showing off to my mother, saying “Hey mom. Look at me! Look what I can do!”
Now, that doesn’t sound so conceited, does it?
HERE’S TO 2011!