I spoke to my Principal last night about my inability to narrow my book choices down to only two, she said that I could narrow it down to three. I was so excited. So, knowing that, made it easier to made my decision on summer reading.
For 4th grade, I’ve decided on:
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
- Loser by Jerry Spinelli
- The Watsons Go to Birmingham:1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis
For 5th grade, I’ve decided on:
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
- The View from Saturday by E.L. Konisburg
- Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Michaelsen
One of my students is a struggling reader who does not read on grade level. So, before I chose the books, I made sure they were available on audiobook in the Los Angeles Public Library. My fourth graders shouldn’t have a problem, since all of them are reading at or above grade level.