Well, I only have about a week before I have to make a decision regarding which Math program to adopt for our school this Fall. These are the programs I was deciding on:
- Singapore Math
- Saxon Math
- EnVision Math
- Everyday Math by the University of Chicago
- Encyclopedia Britanica (online assessment tool, which I will not need if I go with EnVision)
Here’s how things are stacking up:
- Saxon Math representatives returned my calls but never followed up or sent any materials.
- I quickly ruled out Singapore Math because their response to me was, “We’re sorry, we do not send out samples of our products. We have a niche market, so we don’t have to. If you would like to see our product, contact someone in your local area, take a day off from work, & go screw yourself. “Well, they didn’t exactly say that word for word, but that was the gist of it. So, they are definitely out of the running.
- I’m going to go with either EnVision Math (which L.A.U.S.D. uses) or Everyday Math by University of Chicago. Both programs are so complete. They have everything you could need. EnVision has an online component that makes it the frontrunner right now. I’m going to stay after school tomorrow & look them both over before I have to make my presentation to the other teachers. Wish me luck!