I am so proud of myself; I’ll tell you why. My school uses a Blended Learning type of learning. When I first started there I was very nervous. I knew I was in bad shape because I’m not as technologically savvy as I’d like to be. Well, all of that changed. As a 9th & 10th grade teacher, I have to use the Blended Learning model. That’s when I know, though it would be a steep learning curve, that I’d have to step up to the plate and do it. So I did!
Boy, did I! I had to write down the passwords to all of the accounts I’ve created since August. It amounted to 15. Count to them, 15. I was wondering why I couldn’t remember them. Once I sat down to write them all down, then I knew why I couldn’t remember them. Once I wrote them down, I taped them inside my locked file cabinet.
Now, back to the lecture at hand. I’m so proud of my self because I am very nearly paperless. These are the programs I use:
- Kahoot! quiz to give quizzes that automatically compiles the right and wrong answers for me,
- Edmodo to post my power points, make quizzes, and display instructions,
- Pinnacle to take roll & track grades,
- Class Dojo for behavior management,
- our school website to upload digital agendas,
- our school website to download important documents & answer PD surveys,
- Google docs & Google drive (not sure if that’s the same thing),
- Online stopwatch for tracking time & a bunch of others I can’t remember right now.
It’s working out. I am happy with my progress and plan on doing even more. I’ll keep you updated. Bye for now!